If you want to bleach your hair at home, you should follow these steps:
1. Part your hair into 4 even sections, 2 at the front, and 2 at the back of the head and use clips. If you have very short hair, you won’t be able to do this.
2. Follow the product instruction in order to mix the lightening powder with the developer. The common ratio of developer to powder is 2 to 1 (2:1). That is you will add 6 oz developer to 3 oz powder. If the mixture seems to be too fluid, you can put more powder.
3. This step is quite difficult and you are likely to need some help. Besides, you will have to act fast in order to color your hair evenly. You should start spreading the mixture at the back of your head from the hair ends to the roots, but do not color the roots.
4. When you finish working through all the hair parts, cover the roots with the mixture, again starting with the head back. In order to do this, it’s necessary to apply the bleach to the roots separating your hair using a rat tail comb. Working in the back parts start from the head top to the nape of your neck, coloring front parts work from the center to the sides. Chemicals can irritate your skin, so prevent the mixture to contact the scalp.
5. The next step is to put on a plastic cap and wait a maximum 60 minutes, checking the hair color every 10 minutes. You will notice that your hair moves through different color stages: starting from orange to light yellow. The mixture will stop its action after an hour. Do not leave the bleach on your hair for a longer period as it will cause harm to your hair.
6. After your hair becomes light yellow, wash the bleach out with the room temperature water.